1. Collection of Information
We gather various information about customers and users of the What’s Open website (the Website).
The information we gather includes:
· personal information, provided through voluntary registration or use of the Website (such as your first and last names and email);
· personal information, provided to us by you through any other method;
· information collected by us through click tracking;
· aggregated data, which tracks traffic to the Website; and cookies, which are pieces of information transferred to your computer hard drive for record keeping .
Failure to provide necessary personal information when requested may result in certain functions of the Website not being available to you.
2. Use of Information
If you participate in an online activity on the Website, your personal information will only be used for the purposes of that online activity, unless you otherwise provide us with your consent.
Any personal information you provide may be used for the following purposes:
· to send you periodic emails that you have subscribed to through your nominated email address;
· to obtain feedback on our Website;
· to monitor, develop and improve the Website and ensure that content of the Website is presented in the most effective manner for the user;
· to keep the Website relevant and of interest to users; and
· responding to any queries and/or comments you have sent to us;
You will have the option to choose to not receive certain types of email communications from us. Please respond to any email you receive from us with “Remove from mailing list” if you wish to be removed from our mailing list.
3. Cookies and Tracking
We may use a cookie file containing information that can identify the computer you are working from. The cookie file is anonymous as it only gives us details of your IP address, PC platform (e.g. Windows or Mac), Browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox or other, plus the version of Browser) and domain (whether you are accessing the Website from within the country or elsewhere). We may use the information generated by "cookies" to:
· track traffic patterns to and from the Website including information like the pages you visit, the time you spend on each page, the date and time of your visit, and referring pages (pages you came from or go to);
· ensure advertising is being shown to the most appropriate person and limit the frequency of display for certain ad formats; and
· enable you to enter our Website and use certain services as a Member without having to log on each time and to visit Member-restricted areas of the Website.
4. Content Providers, Advertisers and Partners
We do not control the practices of content providers, partners and advertisers connected with the Website and to whom you provide personal information whilst using the Website. Our Website contains links to other sites, which may not follow the same privacy policies as us. We recommend that you check any relevant privacy policies before providing your personal information to any third party.
As no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit or receive through the Website. These activities are conducted at your own risk.
6. Holding, Correcting and Updating
Any personal information that you provide to us will be collected and held by us at Vibbre Limited T/A What’s Open, Unit C 75 Peterborough Street, Central City, Christchurch 8013 New Zealand. Under the Privacy Act 1993 you have rights of access to and correction of personal information that we hold.
Although we take reasonable steps to ensure that all data we use is accurate, we depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary. We offer the ability for users to correct or change their personal information online at any time and as often as necessary.
If you have any questions about how our services work or regarding this statement, Contact Us.
We reserve the right to change this policy at any time by notifying users of the existence of a revised policy by updating the "last updated" notice beside the link to this policy. By continuing to use the Website, you agree to be bound by the amended policy. You should check from time to time to see if the policy has changed or not.
8. Other Privacy Matters
Public Areas. We may provide areas on our Website where you can publicly post information. This information may be accessible by other consumers and companies and therefore this information could be read, collected, and used by others. We have no control over who reads your postings or what other users may do with the information you voluntarily post, so please use caution when posting any personal information. We do obtain consent from our users to post their name along with their reviews.